Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
If you do a lot of your shopping at Amazon, then the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card might be right for you. The only catch is that you have to be an Amazon Prime member to even apply for the card.
However, investing in a Prime membership might be worth it. This card gets you:
- 5% cash back anytime you use it on Amazon or at Whole Foods
- 2% cash back when you purchase at restaurants, gas stations, or drug stores
- 1% cash back on everything else
- A $70 gift card instantly, as soon as you are approved for the card
You can spend all of your rewards easily on Amazon. The accounts link automatically, so you will see your rewards balance on your Amazon checkout screen and you can elect to use it for any purchase. There’s no minimum redemption. Amazon also says that you can use your points via Chase for travel, gift cards, cash back, and more, but they offer no specifics as to how that works.
CreditLiftoff.com Must Reads
- Biggest Credit Card Sign Up Offers – $500 Bonus!
- How To Improve You Credit – Understanding “Credit Worthiness” and how to increase your credit score
Prime members who had an Amazon card before this should have been automatically upgraded to this card. If you didn’t get that upgrade and you think you’re eligible, contact Amazon to get that started.
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Benefits
Amazon’s card gets you more than cash back to spend at the ‘Zon. You can also get various travel benefits, like:
- No foreign transaction fees. This can save you hundreds when you travel.
- Baggage delay insurance
- Lost luggage reimbursement (up to $3000 per passenger when tickets were purchased on the card)
- Travel accident insurance (up to $500,000 when tickets were purchased on the card)
- Legal and/or medical referrals while traveling
If that’s not enough, card users are also eligible for:
- Extended warranty protection (get up to an extra year when you make your purchase on the card)
- Roadside dispatch
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Zero fraud liabilityPurchase protection (up to 120 days, against damage or theft, up to $500 per claim and $50,000 per account)
You’ll also gain access to deals at up to 900 hotels around the world, through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Connection, as well as access to Visa’s famous Concierge Service.
Is the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card Right For You?
If you spend enough on Amazon to justify paying for a Prime membership, then this card is a great deal for you. Since you’ll be getting rewards points for every purchase, you can think of it as a 5% discount on every, single item you buy at Amazon.
The downside of the card is that the best redemption deal is through Amazon. If you don’t shop there much or you find yourself wanting your points for something else, you won’t get as much value for them and it may, in fact, be hard to spend them at all. However, since Amazon carries almost everything these days, the chances are good that you will be able to use all of your points on the things you need and want.
While you probably won’t use your points to pay for your Prime membership, you can think of them as reimbursement for that. Sure, $119 is a lot to pay for free shipping, some discounts, and access to other Amazon features that you may or may not use. But when you’re a frequent shopper, you’ll easily make up for that cost between your 5% cash back and the points you earn. Getting “free” Prime can be a great way to think about this card.
You can apply for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card via Amazon today. The application is straightforward and most people get an answer immediately. If you’re a frequent Amazon shopper and you pay for Prime every year anyway, this could be the next card for you.