The Marriott Bonvoy Bold Visa Signature Card
Early 2019 Marriott announced their new merged rewards program – Marriott Bonvoy. This consolidated program merged together the Marriott, SPG, and Ritz Carlton Reward Programs. With this new program has come a new line of Bonvoy Credit Cards including the already released Bonvoy Brilliant Card. The new Bonvoy Bold Card is offered from Chase Bank and provides a zero fee option to earn big rewards with Marriott. Highlights of this credit card include:
- Earn 50,000 points as a new cardholder after spending $2,000 in the first 3 months
- 3x points with Marriott, 2x points for travel and 1x points for all other purchases
- Cardholders will receive 15 Elite Night Credits Annually for automatic Silver Status
- This credit card charges cardholders no annual fee
New Cardholder Sign Up Bonus – 50,000 Bonus Points
Big sign up bonuses on no fee credit cards are fairly uncommon which is what has many people excited about this credit card. Currently, when consumers are approved for The Bonvoy Bold they are eligible to receive a 50,000 Bonus Offer. In order to receive this offer new cardholders will need to spend a total of $2,000 on their new account within the first 3 months of opening your account.
Marriott provides a full Point Redemption Value Chart which shows that nightly costs range from 7,500 per night for tier one properties up to 85,000 points for tier eight properties. For a mid level tier 4 property this bonus offer would amount to two free nights at 25,000 per night.
Bonus eligibility requirements apply to this offer. Customers who have received a bonus with another Bonvoy Credit Card or have upgraded another card in the Bonvoy family may not be eligible. If you have recently received a bonus for an a different Marriott or Bonvoy Credit Card you should review the eligibility requirements to ensure you are eligible for the 50,000 new cardholder sign up bonus.
Bonvoy Bold Additional Benefits and Features
This credit card offers consumers a way to earn Marriott Rewards with every purchase. There is no limit on the total amount of reward points that can be earned with your credit card. This credit card also provides no foreign transaction fee. This will be a big draw for international travelers who plan to make this their primary credit card.
The Bonvoy Bold card also provides a multitude of travel protections and insurances. Highlights of these additional features and coverages include:
- Baggage Delay Insurance to cover essential purchases when luggage is delayed in travel
- Lost Luggage Reimbursement coverage up to $3,000 per traveler
- Trip Delay Reimbursement for non-reimbursed lodging expenses if travel is delayed more than 12 hours
- New Purchase protection of $500 to protect against theft or damage (conditions apply)
- Free Access to Visa Signature Concierge Service 24/7
Applying For The Bonvoy Bold Card
Customers can apply for the Bonvoy Bold Online With Chase Bank.
It is important to understand that Chase uses a rule widely known as the “5/24 Rule”. This means that customers who have been approved for more than 5 credit cards with any carrier in the past 24 months are not eligible for a new Chase Credit Card. This will not impact most consumers but for individuals who pursue credit cards for big point bonuses may be impacted.
Application decisions are generally provided as soon as you complete the entire Chase Online Application which will require a credit review inquiry.
Other Popular Travel Reward Credit Cards
- Top 10 Travel Credit Cards for 2019
- The United Explorer Credit Card
- Bank of America Sonesta Credit Card
- Best Credit Cards of 2019 (Including Travel Reward Cards)
Marriott fans will find this no annual fee credit card a great option for earning reward points. The Bonvoy Brilliant and Bonvoy Boundless Card offer slightly higher reward rates but both come with an annual fee. Additionally, this card provides some great perks that are not always typical of a no fee card including travel insurance, no foreign transaction fees, and purchase protection benefits. The Bonvoy Bold Card will be a very popular option for travelers as long as Chase continues to offer a 50,000 bonus point offer for new customers.