HSBC Credit Card Pre-Qualify?
We have received a few emails in regards to HSBC credit cards and how to pre-qualify for them.
Well, we have good and bad news.
You cannot pre-qualify for any of the HSBC cards.
BUT… they do send out pre-approved letters to consumers who qualify.
So how in the world do you get a pre-approved letter for an HSBC credit card?
Here are a few tips & tricks
- Have a good to great credit score for starters (670 or above would be ideal)
- Open an HSBC bank account (a must as this will get your name on their radar along with your mailing address)
- Fund the bank account with $10,000 or more
- Never let the account go into bad standing
If you follow all of the above tips you should receive a card offer from HSBC within 60 days.
Please note you will need to have $100,000 or more in an HSBC bank account to get the HSBC Premier Mastercard and $10,000 or more to get the HSBC Advance Mastercard.
Other HSBC Bank Credit Cards
- HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard credit card – 1.5% Unlimited Cash Back and no annual fee
- HSBC Platinum Mastercard with Rewards – 1X Points for every dollar in new card purchases after the intro period and no foreign transaction fees
- HSBC Premier World Mastercard – 2X Points on travel and 1X Points on all other purchases
- HSBC Cash Rewards Mastercard Student Account – 1.5% Unlimited Cash Back on all purchases and requires, not credit history for approval (a great starting credit card for college students)
Please note all HSBC credit cards require the applicant to be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States.
HSBC Customer Service
Questions in regards to HSBC pre-qualify (aka pre-approved offers) can be directed to a customer service agent at 800.462.1874.
If you have a Mortgage with HSBC and are having trouble making ends meet please dial 855.527.8400.
HSBC Customer Service Address?
Write to “HSBC Bank USA, N.A. P.O. Box 2013 Buffalo, NY 14240”.
If you really want an HSBC pre-approved letter the method outlined above is the best way to go about it.
In our opinion, there are much better cards on the market than any of the cards available from HSBC.
Before you waste your time trying to get an HSBC card check out our definitive guide in regards to the best credit cards on the market today.
If you have less than ideal credit please check out our Top 3 bad credit credit cards!