- Designed to give hard-working, middle-market consumers access to a better credit card at a reasonable price
- Comes with $0 fraud liability and provides a free Fico score
- Accepted wherever the Mastercard logo is present
- Visit www.mercurycards.com/activate to apply or learn more
- This card is issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings
Accessing Your New Account With Mercury MasterCard
This article has been updated to reflect the changes cardholders will have accessing their accounts since the Mercury MasterCard Conversion process took place in September of 2018.
Barclay Cardholders who found their account converted will now be accessing their account through the login portal on the Mercury Credit Card Homepage.
Full details regarding the card conversion can still be found below.
When you arrive at The Mercury Cards Homepage you will find several options including activating a new credit card or responding to a mail offer.
If you need to activate your new card, start your visit by taking care of this important first step.
You will need to complete the following form to activate your Mercury MasterCard:
As you can see above, the full credit card account number will be required to activate.
Beyond that, all you will be asked to provide is the final 4 digits of your SSN and your birth month and year.
Once you have verified your card and received activation confirmation you can begin using your account.
Setting Up Your New Online Account
Cardholders will first need to register their account for online access.
Much like the activation process, you will find the identical form above which must be completed to verify your account and your identity.
After you have completed this step you will simply follow the rest of the step by step direction to create your account username and password.
When returning in the future you will simply fill out the highlighted yellow fields below to log in to your account and manage your Mercury MasterCard Online.
Mercury MasterCard Credit Card Account Conversion From Barclay Rewards Card
Some Barclay Credit Card customers may have begun receiving notification that their credit card account is being converted into a Mercury MasterCard.
This may seem confusing but you have to go back to March of 2017 to understand why this is taking place.
Barclaycard sold $1.6 billion dollars in subprime debt to a company called Credit Shop Inc which is based in Austin, Texas.
Most of the accounts purchased were from subprime credit card accounts which is a much riskier type of debt for a financial company to hold.
On the flip side, because subprime borrows pay higher interest, there is also an incentive to have them as customers.
Editor’s Credit Card Offer Picks
- AMEX Gold Card
- Capital One Savor Card
- Chase Freedom
- American Express Delta Gold Sky Miles
- Bad credit score? Learn How To Improve Your Credit Score Now!
When Credit Shop purchased these accounts it was reported to be with the plan of issuing their own credit card in the near future and it seems these accounts are indeed being converted into the Mercury MasterCard.
This credit card is primarily aimed at consumers with lower credit scores in the 575-675 range.
The Mercury MasterCard is being issued by First Bank and Trust of Brookings which is based in South Dakota.
Mercury MasterCard App
The Mercury MasterCard is available for both the App Store and Google Play.
Millennials will definitely want to download the app to their smartphone ASAP while older people (aka the olds) may want to stick with old fashion mail for account updates.
To download the app visit the following links (depending on your phone)…
Mercury MasterCard Conversion Process And Card Details
- You will receive a letter from Mercury detailing the conversion process
- Your conversion date will be detailed in the letter you are provided
- Prior to your conversation date, you can continue using your old card as normal
- About 2 weeks before your conversion date you will receive your new card
- Your Mercury Card can be activated and will be ready for use on the conversion date
- Account access and activation can be done online at www.mercurycards.com
The new Mercury MasterCard is a rewards card and your old reward points will be converted over to your new card.
You can check your balance online and will also be able to view the new points you earn on your Mercury Credit Card.
Mercury Card Customer Service
- Fax: Not found
- Mercury Card Phone Number: 1-844-303-5355
- Mail: Mard Services, PO Box 84064, Columbus, GA 31908
- Mercury Card Pay By Phone: 1-866-686-2158 (the automated system is available 24 hours a day)
- Payment by mail: Card Services, PO Box 70168, Philadelphia, PA 19176-0168
Some of the rewards outlined for the new Mercury MasterCard state that customers will earn 2 points for each dollar spent on your credit card.
Once customers earn a total of 1000 points they can redeem their points for a $10 statement credit – this would be the equivalent of 2% cash back which is overall a pretty competitive rewards system.
One other nice bonus about this credit card is that you will be able to have access to your FICO credit score as an added benefit.
Cardholders who are currently being subject to this conversion process are slated for a conversion date of September 24th, 2018.
At this point, it is unclear if all of the Barclay Accounts are set for conversion or if this will be a rolling process with additional conversion dates for other accounts.
The most important thing to keep in mind is that you will need to have your new card activated by the noted date to avoid interruption in availability.
Mercury Card Website
The Mercury card is issued by First Bank & Trust, Brookings, SD pursuant to a license by Mastercard International.