The Amex EveryDay Card – Designed For Everyday Purchases
- Great for balance transfers
- Zero percent new purchase intro rate
- Decent rewards program (points on all purchases)
- There are better no annual fee reward cards available
One of the most popular features of this credit card is that it offers an introductory 0% interest on purchases and balance transfers. Additionally, this card provides an ample rewards program making it a valuable card even after the intro rate expires. Best of all, all of these card features come with no annual fee. Let’s take a look at the details (and a few drawbacks)!
Balance Transfer and New Purchases – 0% Intro APR
Many consumers open a new credit card solely for the opportunity to transfer other balances. This is one of the big draws of the AMEX EveryDay Card. New cardholders will receive an introductory offer of 0% interest on new purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. Nearly as valuable, there is no balance transfer fee for transfers made within the first 60 days of opening your new account. Typically balance transfer fee range from 3% to 5%. This feature alone make this card very appealing for customers who are interested in transferring existing credit card balances.
EveryDay Rewards – Earning Points With Every Purchase
- Earn 2x points at supermarkets (up to $6,000 in purchases each year)
- Travel purchases made with AMEX Travel will also earn 2x points
- Earn 1x point for all other purchases (including supermarkets after $6,000 spent)
- Earn 20% additional points when 20 transactions are made in a billing statement
- Points can be used for statement balance, reward offers, and much more
The key feature when looking for a balance transfer credit card is finding a card that will still be useful after the intro period is over. This is one aspect where the EveryDay Card excels. This card has a competitive rewards program unlike some other popular balance transfer cards (for instance, The Chase Slate Card which is a great balance transfer card but provides no rewards program). Customers will earn points for every purchase they make and if you use this card everyday, you will earn an additional 20% towards your point balance. Cardholders will need to make 20 charges to your account each billing statement to earn the 20% bonus.
The My Amex EveryDay RSVP Offer
American Express offers RSVP codes for the EveryDay Card. This card does not require an RSVP code to apply. If you have received a pre-approval offer from American Express you can use the code to access your application. This card is designed for consumers with good credit. Receiving a pre-approval notice will not necessarily guarantee approval but your approval odds will be very strong if you have received an RSVP code from AMEX.
New Customers Sign Up Bonus – 15,000 Points
Another big plus with the EveryDay Card is that there is a new cardholder bonus. Customers will need to charge $1,000 to their new credit card in the first 3 months of opening their new account. Your bonus points will be credited to your account after your have completed the spending requirements. The 15,000 bonus offer is equivalent to $150 in cash rewards.
Additional Card Features and Benefits
- This card is part of the AMEX Offers Program
- Use points for American Express Membership Rewards
- Point transfer available for partner programs (such as Delta SkyMiles)
- Roadside Assistance and Global Travel Assist Access
- Travel and Rental Car Insurance with your card
- Product warranty extension and returns available (conditions apply)
- American Express Fraud Protection
Drawbacks To The AMEX EveryDay Card
- Foreign Transaction fee of 2.7%
- Better reward rates are available with other cards
- Requires good credit (minimum score of about 680)
There are few drawbacks with this credit card but the most important one to point out is that there are better reward cards out there. This card is best suited for consumers who are looking to take advantage of the balance transfer or new purchase APR rate. Overall, the rewards program is not bad but options like the Citi Double Cash or the Fidelity Rewards Credit Card offer 2% on all purchases (also with no annual fee).
While The Everyday Card is a great option from American Express we highly recommend consumers to check out our review of the AMEX Blue Cash Card. These cards have many similar features but you will see there are several key reasons the Blue Cash Card comes out on top.
Final Thoughts – AMEX EveryDay Credit Card
The highlights of this card will mostly outweigh the drawbacks for many potential cardholders. The EveryDay card is especially valuable if you are looking for a great balance transfer credit card. Other credit card options may be a better choice if credit card rewards are the only factor you are interested in.
For more information about popular cash rewards credit cards check out our Best Cash Back Credit Card Review! More interested in traveling the word? Check out this article discussing the controversial idea that Cash Back Credit Cards Suck!