MyNFLCard! – A must for NFL fanboys?
Football fans – there’s a credit card for you, too! The NFL Extra Points Credit Card from Barclays offers fans an easy way to earn points towards free NFL tickets, exclusive events, and more. Let’s take a closer look in our NFL Extra Points credit card review.
MyNFLCard Extra Points Credit Card Review
The NFL Extra Points card, otherwise known as the MyNFLCard, is a solid cashback credit card that has some unique perks.
At a glance, it’s basically a cashback credit card that earns 1% back on all purchases. It comes with a $100 signup bonus, which is pretty solid for a card with no annual fee. And, it has some unique benefits for NFL fans.
- 20% off purchases at NFLShop.com
- 2 points per $1 on NFL purchases, tickets, stadium purchases, NFL Shop items, etc.
- 0% APR for 6 months on purchases of NFL tickets at a team office
- Exclusive NFL rewards (you can redeem your rewards points for NFL tickets and exclusive experiences like pre-game sideline passes)
- 10,000 bonus points after spending $500 in the first 3 months (worth $100)
- Earns 1 point per $1 spent on all purchases (1% cashback)
- Points can be redeemed for cashback or NFL tickets/experiences
- 0% APR on balance transfers for the first 15 months
- No annual fee
Overall, it’s a pretty decent card all-around. For NFL fans, it’s certainly worth considering.
Is the MyNFLCard Worth Getting?
Is the NFL Extra Points card worth using? How does it stack up against the best cashback credit cards?
Overall, it’s a decent choice. It’s got no annual fee, a good signup bonus of $100, and an attractive 0% APR on balance transfers.
However, beyond that it’s pretty average. It earns 1% cashback, which is far lower than the best options (which offer 2% or more).
For NFL fans, the perks are okay, but nothing to write home about. 20% off NFL Shop purchases might add up if you spend a lot, but it’s not a massive discount.
Access to exclusive events is attractive. However, many redemptions require large amounts of points, so you may find that you have to save your points for a long time before being able to redeem for one of their “once-in-a-lifetime NFL experiences”.
In the end, we’d recommend this card for hardcore NFL fans looking for a no-annual-fee credit card. That said, there are probably better options in general. If you’re into traveling, there are even better options when it comes to travel cashback cards.