Walmart Card Reviews
You wake up one morning and ask yourself “do I need a Walmart credit card”?
Well, you came to the right spot bro.
This Walmart card review write-up will help make this life-changing decision a little easier.
First, let’s knock out some housekeeping…
If you already have a Walmart card (you are blessed) and can access the card at Walmart Credit Card Login.
OK… now let’s check out what some of the best-known credit card blogs are saying about the Walmart credit card.
Walmart Card Reviews Online
- Credit Karma: Rating 1.5 out of 5 stars based on 53 votes
- WalletHub.com: 3.5 stars based on more than 600 user reviews
- NerdWallet: The biggest problem with Walmart’s credit cards is that they don’t give you any extra rewards for actually shopping at Walmart stores, which should be the main benefit of a store-branded card. The 3% rewards rate is available only at Walmart.com. Go to the physical store, and you get 1%. If you do a ton of online shopping through Walmart, this card might be worth your while. But if your Walmart experience is mostly in-store, you can get a better rate on many other cards. – Walmart Credit Card: Is It Right for You?
- Value Penguin Walmart Credit Card: 74% based on a 100% scale
- CreditCards.com: 3.4 out of 5 (Bargain shoppers who spend a lot on Walmart.com could potentially earn a sizable amount of cashback with the Walmart Mastercard)
- Credit Donkey: “Walmart cards are not a bad option for those with lower credit and are looking for a way to improve while getting some rewards at the same time“
- Upgraded Points: “Like the other cards, the Walmart MoneyCard also qualifies for enrollment in the 3-2-1 Program. You’ll get access to special discounts and sales notices, you don’t need a bank account to use the prepaid card, and you can even have your paycheck direct deposited. However, there are monthly fees for using the Walmart Money Card.“
Overall the Walmart credit card received pretty decent reviews online (with some good and bad mixed in).
Like all cards, you should also do a few minutes of research and determine if the Walmart card is right for you.
Apply for Walmart credit card
Simply visit www.walmart.com/cp/walmart-credit-card and click on the apply tab to begin.
Please note you will have to create a Walmart account to apply for the card.
You must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States in order to apply.
Walmart Credit Card Limit?
Obviously, most consumers will want the highest limit possible.
The higher your credit score is, the higher you can expect your credit limit to be.
There are reports of people getting Walmart Store Card limits of $400, $1,000 and $8,000.
Walmart Credit Card Phone Number
- Card Tech Support 1-877-294-7880 (also you can use this card for Walmart temporary credit card issues)
- Walmart Card Customer Service Issues 1-800-925-6278 (call this number in regards to Walmart credit card overdraft)
Walmart Card APR (to include the Mastercard version)
Other Credit Cards To Consider?
- Target Credit Card (i.e. RedCard)
- Best Buy Card
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card (Amazon credit card login)
- TJX Rewards Platinum Mastercard
- Chase Slate Card
Walmart Prepaid Card?
If you live and breathe Walmart but are not looking for a credit card you should consider the Walmart Money Card.
To obtain a Walmart prepaid card please visit www.walmartmoneycard.com.
If you have the travel bug be sure to check out the CreditLiftOff.com Best Travel Credit Cards (Top 10).
Looking for a bank account? Run-on over to Best Checking Account to stash your cash.
Walmart Credit Card Application
You can also visit the Walmart Mastercard FAQ page for more details in regards to making an application.
How to cancel Walmart credit card?
If you are having buyers remorse in regards to getting that Walmart CC admit your error and cancel the darn thing.
To cancel your Walmart credit card please dial toll-free 1-877-249-7888.
Any specific questions in regards to the Walmart Mastercard can be directed to 1-866-611-1148.
If you find yourself roaming aimlessly up and down the isles of your local Walmart a couple of times per week you will want to get this card.
Not only do you get an instant $25 off your first purchase using the card but you also receive 3% off purchases when shopping online at Walmart.com.
Please note in order to receive the $25 off initial purchase bonus you must spend at minimum $75.