Equifax Breach Class Action Settlement
A mind-bending $380,500,000 settlement has been proposed in the class action lawsuit entitled In re: Equifax Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation.
Class members are in a position to make a haul in this settlement collecting a $125 Cash Payment or Free Credit Monitoring or more!
To learn more about the case or to file a claim please visit www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com.
Claim forms must be filed by 1/22/2020 – for initial claims or 1/22/2024 – for extended claims.
If you are unsure in regards to your class member status please dial toll-free 1-833-759-2982.
Related Content: Experian Data Breach Settlement (Claim $40 at ExpDataBreachSettlement.com)
Related Content: Anthem 401(k) Class Action Settlement ($23,000,000 Proposed!)
Equifax Data Breach Class Action Settlement Quick Notes
- An estimated 147 million people affected by the September 2017 Equifax data breach
- The deadline for exclusion and objection is 11/19.2019
- The final approval hearing is scheduled for 12/19/2019
- Proof of purchase is not required in order to file a claim
Who should file a claim?
If you are a resident of the United States and were affected by the September 2017 Equifax data breach you should file a claim!
Visit www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/file-a-claim and follow the on-screen instructions.
EquifaxBreachSettlement.com Who To Contact?
- Equifax Data Breach Class Action Settlement Administrator c/o JND Legal Administration P.O. Box 91318 Seattle, WA 98111-9418
- A fax number or email address was not found
How much money will class members receive (aka settlement award)
According to court documents found at equifaxbreachsettlement.com you can expect the following assuming you file a valid claim and are indeed a class member…
- Free credit monitoring or a $125 cash payment. Three bureau credit monitoring through Experian would be offered for at least four years and one bureau credit monitoring would be offered for an additional six years. Cash payments are available for Class Members who have credit monitoring services that will continue for at least six months.
- Up to $20,000 in reimbursement for expenses, including time spent remedying fraud (up to 20 hours at $25 per hour), out-of-pocket expenses, and the cost of credit monitoring (up to 25 percent of these costs).
- Free identity restoration services for at least seven years.
Equifax Data Breach Class Member Counsel
Amy E. Keller from DICELLO LEVITT GUTZLER LLC, Kenneth S. Canfield from DOFFERMYRE SHIELDS CANFIELD & KNOWLES LLC., Norman E. Siegel from STUEVE SIEGEL HANSON LLP., and the notorious Roy E. Barnes from THE BARNES LAW GROUP LLC.
Claim form by mail?
If you prefer the good old fashion way of filing a claim please submit a hard copy claim, click here to download a claim form and mail it to the Settlement Administrator at:
Equifax Data Breach Settlement Administrator
c/o JND Legal Administration
P.O. Box 91318
Seattle, WA 98111-9418
In need of a credit card? Check out our list of best credit cards and thank us later when you’re racking up the rewards!