OpenMyPremierCard by Mastercard
- The First Premier Bank Credit Card is one of the few unsecured credit cards designed for people with bad credit
- Must be 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States
- Please visit www.openmypremiercard.net to apply
- A nationally recognized credit card that can be used anywhere the Mastercard logo is present
In order to apply for the First PREMIER® Bank Credit Card, you must provide your name, SSN, date of birth, zip code, and reference number.
When funding a First Premier Bank Credit Card please use a credit or debit card or it could take up to 6 business days to access your available credit.
OpenMyPremierCard Blog Reviews
- Nerdwallet.com: Calls the card a “bad option for bad credit”
- WalletHub: 3.1 out of 5 stars based on more than 1,400 views
- CreditKarma: 1.5 out of 5 based on 53 votes
- ConsumerAffairs.com: 1.6 out of 5 based on 30 votes
- CreditLiftoff.com: Not recommended due to high fees
OpenMyPremierCard User Reviews
“You start with a $250 credit limit with more than half of it taken up by set up fees and their annual fee. Even if they reported to the bureaus as often as other cards having this card would do your score not good for the credit limit to credit used ratio is too high.” – gibbard1
“This credit card is good, on paper. But in practice, they are a scam. If you pay multiple payments in a month or if you pay substantially more than the minimum they will suspend your account and you have to fight tooth and nail to get it back online. The customer service people aren’t even trained correctly. They are not worth it.” – C of Mentor, OH (Verified Reviewer)
OpenMyPremierCard Good, Bad, and Ugly
- Good: A credit card for consumers who have bad credit looking to improve their rating
- Bad: APR of 36% for purchases and cash advances (high even for an unsecured credit card)
- Ugly: Fees! Fees! Fees! and more Fees!
Annual fees will range anywhere from $75 to $100 depending on the customer’s credit limit.
First Premier Bank App?
Yes, First Premier offers mobile banking for both Andriod and Apple fanboys.
First PREMIER Bank’s FREE Mobile Banking allows both personal and business banking customers to access their online bank account via the app.
Customers can check an account balance, set up account alerts, perform a stop payment request, monitor recent transactions, and so much more with First Premier Banking Apps.
OpenMyPremierCard Final Verdict
Due to the many fees, high-interest rates, and costly credit limits we cannot recommend the First PREMIER Bank Credit Card.
Other Card Options for Consumers with Bad Credit?
Call toll-free 1-866-950-2800 between the hours of 7 AM to 9 PM CST Monday through Friday and 8 AM to 4:30 PM CST Saturday.